Monday 11 August 2014

My Lovely Summer Holiday!

Hi Wonderful Followers,

I know my blog posts have been a lot of look what I've been getting up to lately a lot, as this one is too. However I would just like to say this is not due to me wanting to brag at all its just what I've been doing and thought you guys may find it interesting, well I hope you are!

So to start my blog properly now, I have been on a little summer holiday over the last week and I thought I would share a little bit of information about what I was doing, where I've been and show you some of my favorite pictures I took during the week.



I went on a Royal Caribbean Cruise (Liberty of the Seas) for a week around the Med! Which was amazing so I thought I  would show you what we did every day and then show you the food I ate (my favorite part)!

Day 1: Barcelona Port

On our first day we flew from Birmingham airport to Barcelona early in the morning so we landed in Barcelona in the morning giving us enough time to explore the ship! We even found some Madagascar stars!



The High Street on the Ship!

Oh and there was a wonderful "Soca Parade" at night down the Royal Promenade! It was really fun and got all the staff involved. However all my photos were blurry but there is one which isn't too terrible so here it is!




Day 2: Marseilles

This was a beautiful port as you can see from the photos! On this day we went on a little train up to the Basilica (a massive church) at the top of the hill! We then went for a pancake and a little bit of shopping!




At night we then went to see an Ariel dancing show called up in the air in the ship's theater which was amazing then found a lovely towel bunny left in our room!

Day 3: Villefranche (Nice)

This may be one of my favorite days of my holiday! As we caught a tender (a small boat) off the ship and then a bus from the little port town to the larger town for a day of shopping!





At night we then went to see the Royal Caribbean Ice Show Spectacular which was amazing!

Day 4: Pisa

This day is pretty much self exploratory from the title we went to see the tower of Pisa! Which was fantastic apart from the massive rain shower we got caught in! Our trip also took us to the quarry where Michelangelo got his marble!



That night we went to a 70's Dancing in the Streets Party on the Royal Promenade on the ship, which involved me singing on the microphone in front of everyone and a camera which was terrifying but fun at the same time! 



Day 5: Rome

We caught the train from the port in to the center of Rome and saw all the the major sites! Unfortunately the Trevi Fountain was under restoration of was covered in scaffolding!

St.Peters Cathderal - Vatican
Pantheon
The Spanish Steps
The Colosseum
That night we also went to see a fantastic musical in the ships theater, Saturday Night Fever which was partly put together by Arlene Phillips!




Day 6: Naples (Pompeii)

This was my favorite day by far! Where we saw the ancient city of Pompeii and all the secrets it held! Loved it thanks to our great tour guide!


                         



Day 7: Day on Ship

The day on ship was very relaxing, we did things from napkin folding, to ice skating to just plain sunbathing!



At night there was a Dream Works Parade where a lot of cartoon characters made an appearance, we then went to watch an amazing Magic Show after dinner!








The Food

We ate a 3 course meal every night in one of the main dinning rooms on the ship (Michelangelo). We had two waiters; Radu and Hanson who were great and gave us amazing service even down to knowing which bread and drinks we liked best! As we ate so much food I thought pictures gave them better justification than my ramble about how yummy they were! 



I know this blog was long, and I apologize it was late but to me it was kind of my personal scrap book of our wonderful holiday and I hope you enjoyed being nosy too! 




If you would like to hear more from me and see my next blog to come and follow my Bloglovin Page and like my blog's Facebook Page!

Katie xxx

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an amazing trip i hope you enjoyed it! Please check out my blog:) x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete