Sunday 6 April 2014

A Good Turn Everyday

"A Brownie Guide thinks of others before herself and does a good turn everyday"


Ok this may be the Brownie Guide law that I promised to at the age of 7. However it has been an important reminder to be about the way I would like to live my life.

Carrying on with Girl Guiding, from attending my first brownie meeting at two weeks old to taking my adult leader promise in January Guiding has been a huge part of my life! I've met great friends through guiding, been on international camps (another one this summer) and just had some amazing experiences I wouldn't of had without it! It has also been a great reminder of how to live well. 

For thoose who don't know Girl Guiding UK is the largest female organisation in the UK, and is the British version of USA's Girl Scouts. By sticking to the Brownie guide law written above I feel my life is much more worthwhile at times. 

Doing a kind thing for some one every day sounds like it would be difficult but its really not asking a lot! From sending a motivational text to a friend who has been feeling down latley, to helping a sibling making a bed, but picking something up for some one who has dropped it, it can make a huge difference to that persons day! 

One good turn I did the other week has really stick in my brian, I was at the cash point with Sam and as we went to draw our money out I noticed £60 sat in the maschine. I saw the girl who used it last just walking away with her two friends, and were catting away. All of a usden I found my seld calling them and running over to them with the money. Not only is having that confidence so out of character, it would of been so easy for me to keep it and say tnothing. It just made me realise that doing something nice is so easy just not to bother with, but you would want someone else to put the effort in for you, wouldn't you? 

So whether you help a stranger in the street or just your Mum I promise you it will make you feel so much better and will make the person's day better. So I challage you you this week to go out of your way to do a good turn everyday, see if it makes a difference at all! 

My Senior Section Teddy Bear
If you enjoyed reading this blog post or any other I've done, be sure to come and follow me on my Bloglovin Page!

Katie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment