Sunday 13 April 2014

My Dinner Diary

Hello to all my wonderful followers!

This week is going to be something slightly different! I don't know whether I have told you this yet but I am off to University in September (fingers-crossed) to study Dietetics. Yes, I did just see you screw up your face and think what even is that? Has she made that up? Well no I haven't it is the study of diet and food and how it can with help illnesses, and will lead me to become a Dietitian within the NHS! I think this is exciting but I bet some of you begging me to shut up and stop being a massive geek.

So anyway on with the important business, after that tedious link this weeks Blog is all about... you guessed it FOOD! I love food thees days and find it really interesting on a hobby basis of cooking and enjoying nice food to a more nutritional and health basis. either way food is a massive parts of  all our lives and when we know that our dinner is something tasty the day seems to go much better (well mine does any way)! 

So this week I'm giving you an insight in to a week of my dinners, and hopefully your are as nosy as me an will enjoy this.

Monday: Fishcakes

My 1st dinner of the week was one of my own ideas created with Emily. So with all honesty i didn't make the fish cakes the were brought frozen, they are smoked haddock and cape hape fishcakes with cheddar cheese and dijion mustard and a sweet mustard sauce! They were gorgeous! We served them with Emily's home made chilli-powder wedges, salad and sweet corn! This dinner was a light which was great for the heavy long day I had Monday! 


Tuesday: Bacon & Tomato Pasta


Tuesdays' dinner had to be very quick. So we made pasta with; bacon, onions, peppers, chopped tomatoes, sweetcorn and spinach all in a Tomato and Pancetta stir in sauce! It may not be the most exciting dinner but it is pretty tasty! It is a great quick options when you don't have a lot of time! 





Wednesday: Oyster and Spring Onion Chicken Stir-Fry

So for my mid-week dinner I went for an oriental option! This is one of mine and Emily's favorites! It has stir-fried chicken, onions and peppers, all mixed into a Oyster and Spring Onion sauce and some sweetcorn. This was served with egg noodles! It is just a tasty alternative to the Chinese take away and much healthier too!
Disclaimer: I don't eat with chopsticks they were just for decoration!

Thursday: Sausages and Mash

Thursdays dinner is one of my feel good favorites and was perfect as I had had a stressful and upsetting day! However sausages with Mum's creamy mash, tasty onions, sweetcorn and carrots coverts in yummy thick gravy was absolute perfection! It is like having a hug from the inside, and wouldn't be half the dish with out the onions they are my favorite!


Friday: Noodles!


As I was going to a party later on the Friday night, and was staying at my aunties we ate dinner at her house before we went. As she is the best she got us a takeaway from the best noodle place in Stratford! THE NOODLE BOX! I cannot begin to tell you how amazing the food from there tastes! So I will tell you what we had going from left to right of the picture. 

On the very left was chow mien noodles, with duck and ho-sin sauce. Next to that was some type of spicy chicken wings which were delicious! Then there is vermicelli noodles and chicken with sweet and sour sauce. On the end are crispy noodles with pork and a Malaysian chilli sauce! At the front is a pot of my favorite ever soup: Chicken and sweetcorn honestly the best soup ever! Lastly there is a honey and peach bubble tea which I thought was very odd and the tapioca balls were like frog spawn! However Emily said the tea was nice! 

Basically over this week I hope I have maybe opened your eyes to different meals you can try and make at home! Or if your like me and just want to be nosy as see what other people like to eat I hope I've left you nosy in on my dinners.


If you enjoyed reading this blog post or any other I've done, be sure to come and follow me on my Bloglovin Page!

Katie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment