Sunday 16 March 2014

My Relax Playlist

Lately with all the difficult A-Level revision I have been doing, its not been too rare that I've been getting stressed. To keep me feeling a little more relaxed I've been listening to some calmer music. So I thought I would share some of these songs with you:


1) She Falls Asleep Part 1 - McFly
 
First its an old one, taken from their Wonderland album this might not be the original McFly you are all used to. This song is an orchestral instrumental of their song "She falls asleep" which you may know. I feel that all though its not a normal song I would choose to listen to, its beautiful and an interesting listen. 
Album cover: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderland_(McFly_album)


2) "Say Something" - Luke Conard & Alyssa Poppin 

Luke is a You-tuber and musician who does many wonderful covers of great songs. This one is no different, in fact I think its better than the original. His cover of A Great Big World's "Say Something" is just gorgeous. Not only is it relaxing is also a great one to sing along too. However stay away if you're going through a break up, isn't the happiest song. 
To listen to Luke's amazing cover just click here!



3) "How Long Will I Love You?" - Ellie Goulding


The Charity single of Children in Need this year, this song is not only
very romantic and makes me smile every time I hear it, it is incredibly relaxing to listen to. I must say I'm not always a fan on Ellie's faster tracks but this is so different and her voice sounds so beautiful. So anyone looking for a love song sung but a gorgeous female voice I highly recommend this.
Single cover: http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/ellie-goulding-how-long-will-i-love-you-video-premiere-alternate/

                                                                                                         
4) "Lets Talk About It In The Morning" - Martyn Joseph

I was introduced to Marytn Joseph by my boyfriend Sam, who's blog is linked below. Marytn is a folk, rock, souls, folk funk and Americana singer/songwriter according to his own website. However I would have no clue how to explain his music as it is so wide and varied. I have decided that I would just pick one song which relaxes me the most and also has a very good message behind it. The song begins in the middle of an argument with a partner and explains how that they should just relax for now and talk about their issues in the morning. I believer this is a great piece of advice as every things seems better after sleeping on it too.

5) "Adore You" - Miley Cyrus

From one of the most controversial ladies in popular music, this song is gentle and relaxing unlike many of her other songs. I have been a fan on Miley since I was a small child watching Hannah Montana on Disney channel, and I have had her earlier albums all before her "change of ways." However I'm still a very big fan and this song is utterly delightful on the ears and is always one I cannot help to sing along to!                      
Single cover: http://mechanicaldummy.com/2013/12/miley-cyrus-adore/



And finally I have to say a massive sing-a-long to FROZEN! Is always a good way to de-stress and relax! Although I've never seen it which is awfully sad.


I would just like to say these are only recommendations on my taste in music and I know I'm no expert. I hope that you enjoy these songs as much as me and they help bring some calm in to your busy life if yours is anything like mine.

If you have enjoyed reading my blog so far and wanna see more from me follow me on Bloglovin.


Katie xxx

P.s. You can find Sam's blog if you click here. Where he talks about great things from cycling, to theater to, everyday life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment