Sunday 25 May 2014

DIY - Make Your Own Nail Varnish!

Hello Wonderful Followers,

So today I have something a little bit exciting for you, well what I think is exciting! I have for you my first DIY! I've really enjoyed doing this one too! This is a great idea to get cheap nail varnish, or is just a fun activity to do with your friends! So here it is my step my step guide to how to make your own nail varnish! 


What you will need?

  • Bottles of clear nail varnish - I tried to get some really cheap one but the cheapest I could find were these Asda ones for £1.75 but I'm sure there is cheaper!
  • Old/Unwanted eye-shadows - Any eye-shadows would for this just in colours you would like for your nail varnish!
  • Knife - Sharp preferably! 
  • Paper

Step-by-step method?

1) Loosen Eye-shadow - First you will need to use a knife to remove the eye shadow from its packet on to a piece of paper


2) Chop Eye-shadow - You will then need to use the knife to chop the eye shadow in to a finely chopped powder



3) Pour Eye-shadow in to nail varnish - To do this I folded the paper in half and used it as a funnel to pour half of the shadow into the nail varnish, try not to spill it like I did 


4) Shake - You should then see the shadow all sticking together in the bottle, don't worry and just shake it as much as you can and it will spread out.


5) Repeat step 3 & 4 with the rest of the eye-shadow & use your lovely new nail varnish!



So there it is the 2 nail varnishes I made, and that is one coat of each colour on my nails! Well I really hope you really like this idea as much as I did! 

If you enjoyed reading this blog post and want more fun ideas be sure to come and follow me on my Bloglovin Page and my blog's Facebook Page!

Katie xxx

1 comment: