Sunday 11 May 2014

6 Ways I Cope With Exam Stress

I won't lie to you I'm not the calmest person when it come to exams and it is becoming more apparent as I'm getting closer to my 10 A2 exams. Yet I have been doing my best to keep my self stress free and calm. I can't promise this will always work as I know exams are very stressful but they may help a bit. 



1) Having regular breaks in revision!
    Non of us are robotic machines who can revise for hour and hours on end, so making sure you have little breaks throughout revision can mean that you will be more focused when you working as in the breaks you can get rid of all distractions. For example just take 10 mins every our to check you Facebook or watch a new YouTube video. 

2) Test your self, prove you know it!
     I find my self doubting that I know anything at all and actually this isn't true! To show this is do little test on my self, this can be little questions you find in a revision book or just recalling all you know about one topic. You will surprise your self!

3) Ask for help! 
    When you don't know something or are stuck on a particular question your may as I do build your self up in to a massive panic and decide to give up. However we all know that's not going to help if it comes up in the real exam, so go and ask your teacher! Its their job to get you prepared as much as you can for your exam and your grades reflect on them so they will often be happy to help!

4) Know your goals!
    This one links to something I said in 3) that your grades reflect on your teacher. Although this means they will often do anything to help it also means sometimes they push you to get a higher grade than you think your able of or need to get. I have this a lot and I've had a lot of advice to just block them out! That's what I'm telling you to do to! just do your best do what you know you can and as long as you know you've done that you should be proud. Regardless of if you got what your teacher wanted to make them look better!

5) Eat and sleep well!
    Sounds simple but is so important how can you expect to be able to produce your best work in exams or in revision if you have not fueled your body with good rest and healthy food. That's like expecting and Usain Bolt to run a personal best after no sleep and a packet of crisp, its not going to happen!

6) Do what you love!
     I know in your world and my world right now exams are the only thing that matters, but in the big picture when you look back and see how sad and miserable you were its not going to be great! So don't be miserable! Go out and do things with your friends, go to any groups you attend, go out to the cinema and don't feel guilty you deserve a break! 

I know that exam stress will always be there but its how you deal with it that is important so I hope this helps! Good luck with any exams you all have coming up!

If you enjoyed reading this blog post and found it help full be sure to come and follow me on my Bloglovin Page and my blog Facebook page!

Katie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment