Saturday 15 February 2014

First Blog Post



Hi, its taken me quite a while to pull together the courage to get this blog online and start writing. A few of my friends and family had started one and their's are great so I've finally got it together and put my self out there. So to start of my blog I decided to let you know a bit about me and what I plan to be writing about.

Who am I?

I'm Katie, I'm an 18 year old who lives in England, UK. I'm an identical twin to my sister Emily, who was the inspiration for me to get this blog, as hers is really nice and to be honest I was a little jealous. I highly recommend you to check hers out! I'm currently studying for my final year of A-Levels at sixth form and am hopefully off to university in September.

Why have I started a blog and what will I blog about?

I have started a blog as a way of increasing my self confidence. I felt it was a way to write down all my thoughts, the exciting things I do and the useful advice I have learn. Through you reading this I hope to help any of you reading and also help my self to listen to my own advice. 
At the moment I am not entirely sure what the long term plan in for this blog, however for now I plan to fill it with lots of advice, thoughts, ideas and just things I think you would like to read. I plan to upload a new blog every weekend for you to enjoy.

Why "My Silver Linings"?

After a lot of deliberations I decided on the name "My Silver Linings". As you will know if you have read my sister's blog I have recently turned 18 and I've decided to make my outlook on life much more positive. As you will have worked out "My Silver Linings" comes from the old saying "Every cloud has a silver lining". I love this quote as it reminds me that even when things don't go right, you can always find positives within it. So this name is not only a theme for my blog it also is a constant reminder to me how to look at every challenge in my life. 

So hopefully you now know a little bit more about me, and if you want to here more from me be sure to follow my blog too. 

Katie xxx






Ps. If you are interested in my sisters blog you can find it here.

2 comments:

  1. very pretty blog :)


    i have followed :)

    would be so nice if you could comment my blog what you think :)

    thank you

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog :)

    ReplyDelete